- How does Pando receive the EDI feed from carriers? Should customers come with dedicated resources to help set up the carrier connections?
Pando works with the carriers to determine what connectivity they offer and what form of structured data they maintain for their invoices (X12 EDI, EDIFACT, their own flavor). In the early stages of onboarding, we may need your help for introductions, or in cases where a carrier is less responsive to requests from Pando.
- Are there specific EDI standard details that Pando follows? Are there specific standards that my data needs to adhere to?
In practice, all carriers that follow EDI Invoicing are likely already in conformity with commonly followed standards and specifications. However, Pando can also assist by providing the standard and common specifications for the X12 EDI structure and its associated data requirements.
- What is the standard process for EDI to be setup if my organization is looking to move from from PDF invoices to EDI?
The transition from PDF to EDI is fairly straightforward. Our customers are expected to indicate to us the carrier or partner they wish to set up a connection with. From there on, Pando takes the reins and initiates discussion, gathers specifications, and cover specific requirements, and then proceed to develop, test and coordinate towards a go-live date. The only major effort foreseen from the customer would be towards assisting while configuring their account on Pando and provides a go-ahead for the agreed upon milestones.
- Support documents for EDI invoices—Supporting files in EDI + additional information available through EDI (customs, VAT, etc). Can all these supporting documents be transitioned from PDF to EDI without any loss?
EDI standards encompassing invoices—Air, Rail, Truckload, and warehousing—are fairly comprehensive. It is highly unlikely that there would be any reason that they cannot be transitioned, and likely enhanced further. Pando uses patterns and methods for transferring supporting paperwork—scanned signed PODs, Bill of Ladings, Rate Confs, etc. However, all this requires coordination with customer technical groups to understand how to connect oringest these into the Pando system.
- Is there any difference in processing parcel invoices vs other invoices?
No. Barring a few variations in the data being presented in a typical EDI structure, the process is similar in most parts.
EDI Frequently Asked Questions Print
Created by: Gururag Kalanidhi
Modified on: Wed, 24 Jan, 2024 at 11:23 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.